Discovery at Home is comprised of a team of professionals with extensive experience in senior living personal care. We’re always nearby, including our senior management team, accessible to our clients and their families, and have direct authority to make decisions right where we are. We know local healthcare issues and procedures, and how to deliver the best care possible to our clients. Discovery at Home is Medicare certified and has earned the Community Health Accreditation Program’s (CHAP) coveted accreditation.
About the Opportunity:
Does working for a new Home Health agency sound like the professional challenge you are seeking? Discovery at Home offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. Employees are encouraged to take responsibility for their own careers. You'll be working with incredible individuals with boundless creativity.
- Provide nursing care in accordance with the client's plan of care to include comprehensive health and psychosocial evaluation, monitoring of the client’s condition, health promotion and prevention coordination of services, teaching and training activities and direct nursing care.
- Assists with the development, implementation and communication of patient plans of care.
Notifies Staff Registered Nurse and/or Clinical Services Coordinator immediately of any significant changes in the patient’s condition.
- Provides information regarding patient rights and responsibilities and treatment plans to patients and/or family members.
- Assesses patient conditions in every home health care visit.
- Implements skilled nursing interventions to meet patient needs and changed conditions.
- Transcribes, implements, and evaluates outcome of physician orders.
- Maintains accurate, complete and timely clinical records.
- Implements appropriate infection control and safety measures and reports all hazards and accidents in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
- Promotes and maintains an Agency environment that is in compliance with federal, state and local regulatory health and safety standards.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current state license to practice professional nursing in applicable state without restrictions.
- Must have a minimum of one year of experience in a home health agency.
- Must have knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid guidelines.
- Must have a working knowledge of home health care and the principles and techniques of professional nursing and required documentation that pertains to it.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and be willing and able to drive to client’s residences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skill proficiency. Ability to use Microsoft Windows.
In addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, Discovery at Home offers a comprehensive benefit package.
Full-time team members are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off and paid holidays. Both full and part-time team members are eligible to participate in our outstanding 401k plan with company match our Employee Assistance Program and accident insurance policies.
Thank you for your interest in Discovery Senior Living careers. If you have any questions about the position you are applying for, please contact the community directly.