Discovery at Home is comprised of a team of professionals with extensive experience in senior living personal care. We’re always nearby, including our senior management team, accessible to our clients and their families, and have direct authority to make decisions right where we are. We know local healthcare issues and procedures, and how to deliver the best care possible to our clients. Discovery at Home is Medicare certified and has earned the Community Health Accreditation Program’s (CHAP) coveted accreditation.
Discovery At Home is hiring Home Health Aides for its Boynton Beach location at Discovery Personalized Living.
1. Provides personal care and related services in the home, under the direction, instruction and supervision of the staff nurse and the Director of Nursing.
2. Tasks to be performed by an HHA must be assigned by and performed under the supervision of an RN who will be responsible for the patient care provided by the HHA.
3. Under no circumstances may an HHA be assigned to receive or reduce any intravenous procedures, procedures involving the use of Levin's tubes or Foley catheters, or any other sterile or invasive procedures, other than rectal temperatures or enemas.
1. Follows the plan of care to provide, safe, competent care to the client.
2. Helps the patient to maintain good personal hygiene and assists in maintaining a healthful, safe environment.
3. Plans and prepares nutritious meals; markets when instructed to do so by the nurse.
4. Assists the patient with ambulation and assists with certain treatments as ordered by the physician and approved and supervised by the nurse
5. Assists the therapy personnel as needed with rehabilitative processes.
6. Encourages the patient to become as independent as possible according to the nursing care plan.
7. Attempts to promote patient's mental alertness through involvement in activities of interest.
8. Gives simple emotional and psychological support to the patient and other members of the household and establishes a relationship with patient and family which transmit trust and confidentiality.
9. Reports any change in the patient's mental or physical condition or in the home situation to the staff nurse, or to the Aide supervisor.
10. Performs routine housekeeping tasks as related to a safe and comfortable environment for the patient, as instructed by the professional nurse.
11. Prepares a visit report promptly and incorporates same in the clinical record weekly.
12. Confirms on a weekly basis, the scheduling of visits so that other necessary visits by staff members can be coordinated
13. Works with personnel of other community agencies involved in the patient's care as directed by the nurse.
14. Attends in-service meetings as required by regulation.
15. Understands and adheres to established policies and procedures of agency.
16. Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement activities as assigned.
17. Attends all patient care conferences as scheduled.
18. Completes and submits OASIS assessments, reassessments, transfers, resumptions of care, discharges, visit notes and significant change in condition in accordance with agency defined time frames.
1. The ability to drive and the ability to access clients’ homes which may not be routinely wheelchair accessible are required.
2. Hearing, eyesight and physical dexterity must be sufficient to perform a physical assessment of the client's condition and to perform client care.
3. On occasion, may be required to bend, stoop, reach and move client weight up to 250 pounds; lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds.
4. Must be able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must have completed a minimum of 75 hours of training for Skilled Care (Medicare). A minimum of 40 hours training for Private Duty Care per the State of Florida.
- Must be free from health problems that may be injurious to patient, self and co-workers and must present appropriate evidence to substantiate.
- Must comprehend the basics of personal care, housekeeping and meal preparation.
- Must understand and respect client’s including ethics and confidentiality of care.
In addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, Discovery offers a comprehensive benefit package.
Full-time team members are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off and paid holidays. Both full and part-time team members are eligible to participate in our outstanding 401k plan with company match our Employee Assistance Program and accident insurance policies.